- Political Instability in Nepal: After the death of Prithvi Narayan Shah, his eldest son Pratap Singh Shah ascended the throne of Nepal. Unfortunatedly, he ruled only for 2 years and 9 months. After his death, three year old Rana Bahadur Shah became the king. The minors became the Kings and regents ruled the country. They were always in conflicts for power. In this way, political instability started in Nepal.
- Series of Assassination: Fetahjung Chautariya held the post of the Prime Minister after the assassination of Mathbharsingh Thapa. Queen Rajyalaxmi's favorite Gagansingh was very infuential in the court. Gagansingh was assassinated at night on the month of October in 1846 A.D. In the pretext of finding out his murderer, all courtiers gathered at the Kot of Hanuman Dhoka Palace where most of them were killed by Jung Bahadur and his supporters. That day is famous as Kot Parva in Nepalese history.
- Three Massacres ( Parvas ) : The Kot Parva took place first. After this Jung Bahadur became the Prime Minister as well as the commander in chief. There after the Bhandarkhal Prava ( Massacre) took place. Jung Bahadur exiled King Rajendra and Queen Rajyalaxmi to Kashi in India. After the Alau Prava, Jung Bahadur blamed King Rajendra for getting involved in conspiracy against the throne and put him under house arrest. Surendra was declared as the King. Jung Bahadur ruled the nation as a very powerful ruler thereafter.
- Marital Relationship with the Royal Family: Jung Bahadur married the sister of Fateh Jung Shah. He arranged the marriage of King Surendra with his younger brother Kirshna Bahadur's daughter. His sons Jagatjung and Jitjung got married to Surendra's daughters. Later on, two of his daughters were married to Prince Trailokya. Such relationship heightened the power and social prestige of the Ranas.
- The Royal Seal of 24 Shrawan 1913 ( August 9, 1856 A.D): Jung Bahadur reached the supreme status after King Surendra conferred him the title of Shree Teen Maharaj of Kaski and Lamjung in 1856 A.D. It resulted in the foundation of the Rana rule.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Causes for the rise of the Rana Rule
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
thank u so uch...for the information keep it up❤️ReplyDelete